Sunday, July 22, 2012

Struggling Well

This week was very exciting for me.  I listened to a message from Pastor Waller of Enon Tabernacle Baptist Church last weekend called "Let's Get It Done." Hearing that message made me want to initiate change in my life. 

Pastor Waller


Since the passing of my Dad, I have been very depressed and unable to do a lot of things that I normally would.  My routine was wake up, get dressed, check on mom, get her coffee and a donut if need be, go to work, eat breakfast, work, eat lunch, work, go home, check on mom again, cook dinner (give mom some if need be), watch tv, eat dinner and go to bed. 


My dad and I when I was a baby


NOT a good schedule right.......

After hearing the message from Pastor Waller, I decided I needed to start doing a lot more and get some things done.  I challenged myself each day that I would try to do at least one thing additional once I came home from work and I made it one WHOLE week!

I cleared out my basement 3/5 days and the other days I spent cleaning or doing some form of light (and I mean light) exercise and I cut back on my portions at home and work. 

On Tuesday, I saw two co workers I havent seen in awhile.  We caught up on each others lives, one said she had a stroke a year prior and the other was very quiet yet supportive while offering kinds words.  Once I explained what I had been through this year, my quiet co worker bought me a CD to listen to titled: "Struggle Well." The CD was the 6/30/2012 sermon preached by Pastor Waller, come to find out she is a member of ENON!

I listened to the message after work in the car, I listened to the message on the way to work the next morning.  Of course, I cried and cried but it was affirmation for me to struggle well and still try to be a blessing to others while I am going through the toughest patch of my life to date.

This weekend, I continued on my path of doing more and I feel so much better.  In one of the sermons, Pastor Waller talked about people with different types of addictions, for this week, I was able to see progress within the area I struggle with and I am so thankful for it.

I am praying for an even better week next week.

Wish me luck and visit the links below.

www.enontab.org

http://www.listentochurchsermonsonline.com/d-philadelphia.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCpEJaKv1Ww

No comments:

Post a Comment